- Ages 12 & up for Eating Disorder Patients (under 12 on a case by case basis)
- Ages 14 & up for Non-Eating Disorder Patients
- Males and Females
How Do I know I'm getting real CBT-Enhanced treatment for eating disorders?
How Do I know I'm getting real CBT treatment in general?
- Based on the cognitive and behavioral model of emotional response
- Briefer and time limited-not an open ended therapy
- Collaborative relationship
- Baseline of functioning established at the beginning of treatment with measureable goals
- Re-assessment of functioning to determine treatment effectiveness at the middle, and end of treatment.
- Teaches rational self-counseling
- Structured, directive, teaches specific skills and concepts
- Uses Socratic method
- Behavioral experiments
- Regular homework and self-monitoring
- Development of a relapse prevention plan
- Tapered sessions to allow you to learn how to maintain progress on your own
Treatment specialization includes:
Family Based Treatment for Adolescents with Eating Disorders (Maudsley)-leading empirically supported treatment to date for adolescents
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Enhanced-leading empirically supportred treatment for all Eating Disorders for young adults and adults
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (CBT-BDD)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for OCD and Phobias including Exposure with Response Prevention (ERP)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Skin Picking including Habit Reversal Training
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression and Anxiety